By-laws of the North Texas Norton Owners Association
(Amended 5/24/2010 and 5/25/2011)
1. The name of the organization shall be North Texas Norton Owners
Association, (NTNOA). The NTNOA shall be a not-for-profit
2. The purpose of NTNOA shall be to promote and encourage the
preservation and use of Norton and other classic European motorcycles.
3. NTNOA shall be an affiliated chapter with the United States Norton
Owners Association (USNOA).
4. Membership shall be open to all persons owning or interested in
Norton or other classic European motorcycles.
5. Classes of membership shall be:
• Founding members
• General membership
• Honorary members - Motorcycle dealers, racers,
collectors, enthusiasts, and others who have made significant
contributions to the goals and purpose of the NTNOA.
• Life members - anyone who has been a member for 25 years.
Honorary members shall be nominated by the Executive Committee and
approved by a majority vote of the general membership
as outlined in
Section 8c. Honorary members will hold this status for life.
• Founding members - Determined by the
• General membership - Determined by the
• Honorary members - Gratis
• Life members - Gratis
All dues will be paid in advance to the treasurer. All dues are renewed on the first of August of each year. New Members who join and pay full dues after Jan 1 will not have to renew until August of the
following year. Members in good standing will have the opportunity to introduce one new member gratis between Jan 1 and August 1. The new member will need to pay dues in August to continue in good standing.
7. The Executive Committee shall consist of the President, Vice
President, Treasurer, Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and Rally Chairman.
The Committee may name other individuals to the Committee as
appropriate. Executive Committee meetings shall be convened as deemed
necessary by that Committee. Any members in good standing may observe
these meetings; however, they may participate in discussions only if
they have submitted an agenda item to the Committee beforehand. Only
Executive Committee members may vote on issues presented at these
meetings. Items approved by the Executive Committee shall be presented
to the membership as outlined below.
8. Founding and general members shall have the right to approve,
outlined herein, all matters presented to the membership by the
a. Any changes to the first three articles of the
by-laws require two-thirds vote by all members.
b. Any changes to the remaining items of the by-laws
require approval by a majority of
members electing to participate in
the vote by ballot in the newsletter or online via e-mail. Votes must
be cast within thirty days in order to be valid.
c. Items of lesser significance will be approved by a
majority vote of the members on hand at the particular meeting in
which the executive committee presents the item.
d. No expenditure of funds can be approved during a
meeting until it has been reviewed and approved by the Executive
Committee and presented to the membership for a vote at the meeting.
e. Expenditure of funds in excess of $500.00 must be
approved by a majority vote by the members
on hand at the particular
meeting in which the executive committee presents the item. This is
with the exception of established expenditures incurred annually by
the Lake ‘O the Pines Rallye.
f. The Executive Committee can approve expenditure of
funds up to $500.00 without vote approval by the general membership.
9. Officers of NTNOA shall be:
• President - The president shall preside at all
organization meetings and shall have overall responsibility for the
affairs of the organization.
• Vice President - The Vice President shall assist the
president in carrying out his responsibilities and shall preside over
club meetings in the absence of the president.
• Treasurer - The treasurer shall be responsible for
recording and safe keeping of organization funds. The treasurer shall
also prepare financial reports of organization operations as required.
The treasurer shall maintain a roster of organization members and will
be responsible for dues notification.
10. Appointed or voluntary posts:
• Rallye Chairman, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster
• Other committees or individuals as necessary.
11. Terms of office shall normally be one year. Officers may hold the
same office for more than one year if elected by a majority of the
membership. Nominating and voting of officers will happen each
November at the scheduled meeting and the positions will come into
effect on January 1 of the following year.
12. Meetings shall be held at least monthly at a time, date and place
acceptable to the general membership.
Copyright © 2000 NTNOA All rights reserved.
Revised: January 05, 2018.